DIY Peanut Butter Buckwheat Dog Treats
With the holidays rapidly approaching, everyone will be enjoying delicious food. Shouldn't your dogs get something extra special as well? We're sharing a recipe brought to you by The Honest Kitchen for Peanut Butter Buckwheat Dog Treats. Made with gluten-free flour, these are great for any pooch, but especially for those with diabetes or digestive issues.
1 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
1/2 cup of The Honest Kitchen Spruce Formula (available at all three Healthy Pet locations)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup of water
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix buckwheat flour and dry spruce formula together
3. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and honey.
4. Pour olive oil and honey mixture into the flour and stir. Add egg and peanut butter and stir until well combined.
5. Knead dough with hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Slowly add the water to help the dough come together.
6. Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. *The dough will be moist so spray the rolling pin with oil to prevent sticking.
7. Cut treats out with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet.
8. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Remove from oven when done and let cool on racks.
10. Let your pups enjoy!
Store in fridge or freezer in airtight container.